Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ma&Pa's 2nd day in California

I'm on a roll with blogging! But I have to admit it's because I'm trying to give Josh and his parents a lot of "alone time" because I know their time together is rare. Right now I'm on my laptop in our bedroom, first time I've used this thing since we've moved in! Forgot how much I like it :) So anyway, this morning we all woke up around 8 and I took the girls downstairs but Josh's parents insisted I did whatever I want, so I decided to take a shower! I can't even tell you the last time I got to take a shower first thing in the morning (instead of feeding the girls, dressing them, tending to them, Etc Etc!!!) I was even able to get dressed and blow dry my hair (what!??!) Then I went *by myself* to Big Lots to buy me a new memory card for my camera (my 4gb is nearly full, only had it since MARCH...) and also bought two beach chairs!!! Would've bought more but they didn't have anymore of the ones on sale. So two is good for now, myself & Michelle are really the only ones who need them. Plus, after they leave it'll just be us two anyway, no need for more.. After Josh got home around 1230 we took them to the Oceanside Pier and ate at the end of the pier at Ruby's Diner. It was really good and the scenery was amazing! We seriously live in a permanent vacation spot! People were lined up all down the pier, fishing and just enjoying the beautiful day. I just am dying for all of our family members and friends to come visit us, it's such an exciting thing to share with his parents! Never a dull moment.. OH!!! and since we always go to the beach on base (FREE PARKING) we just don't even think about when we park anywhere OFF BASE. Well, we were UNFORTUNATELY reminded of PAYING FOR YOUR SPOT when we got back to BOTH of our vehicles and found a ticket for each $55.00. I Kid You Not. :((( I couldn't believe we forgot to pay (you park, then get a ticket from the "pay here" thing-a-ma-jig then display it on your dashboard inside) but like I said, we're so use to parking FOR FREE on base. Lesson learned, we will definitely be Beach Base Go-ers for good now.....

We left (because the beach there was "too crowded" according to my in-laws) but just drove to the beach on base instead. For the first time since we've lived in CA, I got into the ocean, waist deep! It was Sooooo cold!! Imagine ice cold water for a second. Now imagine standing waist deep in that water. That, times 2 is what the ocean water feels like. It's so cold that it hurts and takes your breath away! I tried to play in it with Josh but I really just couldn't enjoy it because I could'nt hardly breathe!!!

Every Thursday in Oceanside they have a Farmers Market, I've heard great things about it, and always mean to go, but we've not yet! We were going to go tonight but Josh's mom is in bad health so she was pretty beat after our activities today. Hopefully we'll go next Thursday.

That's about it for today. Whew.
Thanks for reading :)
Chynna

This was outside of Ruby's Diner on the pier :)
hoochie momma.

No comments: