Friday, October 8, 2010

No more tanning beds for ME!



This morning was my doctor's appointment to get my stitches removed and hear the results from the biopsy. Good and bad news, she said. Good news, it's not cancer. Bad news, the blood cells surrounding the mole were (next words are my unprofessional terms, because of course I can't remember the long words she used) basically at severely high risk of being melanoma, she said that if she hadn't of removed the mole that it would have definitely become melanoma. So, that's a HUGE BLESSING that she even checked my back that day! Thank you Lord, for watching over me! She said she wants to bring me back in December to do a longer/larger incision around the area so she can see if the bad cells have spread. Then she found two more moles on my back that she wants to remove and do a biopsy on in January after my back has healed. Basically, my back is going to have all these lovely scars on it!! I of course don't care though. But I (obviously) won't be using tanning beds anymore and I have to wear SPF 35 when outside. It makes me feel like a really old woman having to lather up on SPF but I know it shouldn't be like that at all! I should've been wearing it in the first place. I really hate that I won't be tan anymore, being tan just makes you look healthier.. But in my case it's truly the opposite! I feel like I am way too young to be having these dangers already but at least she caught it in time. It just totally stinks that we are living in BEACHY CALIFORNIA and I am just going to be constantly worried about my exposure to the sun. I am glad in a way this happened tho, it's teaching me that I MUST protect the girls from the suns rays!! I mostly do but there have been a few times where I've just been lazy and didn't put SPF on them. No more though! I'll just go buy us a beach tent to bring and hang out in while watching the waves on the beach ;) haha! Anyway that's about it. Afterward we came home for just a little bit but I decided it's MUCH too pretty to be inside so we went to Shakey's Pizza Parlor and used our Free pizza certificate then took them downtown Oceanside and walked to a few souvenir stores then onto the pier, and underneath! Its just soooo stinkin gorgeous out here! I wish soooo badly that family was near by so I could share this beauty with everybody! :( 

Anddd I'm out

Chynna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will keep your whole family in our prayers! Know you've made me more aware of putting sun tan lotion on my girls and myself! I too get lazy and don't do it! So that is a good thing, right? :-) I love you sister and I too wish we lived closer so we could see how beautiful it is there! Kiss those sweeties for me! And let me know if there is anything I can do for you! LOVE YA!!!