Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Enjoying Summer Weather (Finally)

The weather here in Oceanside usually is around 70. Barely! And if you go to the beach it's usually windy which makes it actually pretty chilly! But this week God has blessed us with some summer weather, even though it's technically Fall. We're taking advantage of it while we can because I know soon I'll be wishing we could go play at the beach but it'll be too chilly. This year will be a new kind of winter for us since I've heard it doesn't get super cold. In Twentynine Palms it wasn't absolutely freezing but you definitely needed a jacket! I'm curious to see if what I heard is correct! If so, that's fine with me, I don't like needing to wear gloves and two pairs of socks to survive anyway. Monday was a billion degrees and I was miserable. Well it was really like 100 degrees but that's close to a billion. We finally got to go to the POOL!! But my word that water was ICE COLD!! Even with it being so hot the water still gave me chill bumps. Kinsley of course LOVED it and that made me happy! Then today Daddy left us his "card" so we decided to buy a beach umbrella! We did have one but it broke. So Josh & I both agreed we may as well get a nice one since, hello, we doooo live at the beach so it'll definitely get used!! We went to a couple souvenir shops downtown to look for the perfect umbrella (might I add they were super cute shops & I will definitely be shopping down there more often!) but only found flimsy, cheap ones. Decided Wal Mart should have them, they have everything, right?? Wrrrrong! Of course they were out of them. I guess I AM shopping for them out of season but come on, it's Oceanside, California, you should keep them in stock!! Oh well, off to Bed Bath & Beyond and we found a winner!! It's sturdy and awesome! Came with two cup holders (so you won't get SAND all over your drinks) and two hooks to hang stuff on it (once again so you won't get sand on your things!) yayyy!! It's awesome. We tested it out at the beach today! Megan & Eli joined us so, as usual, we all had a great time! Tomorrow's my dr's appointment then I am going grocery shopping, woooo hooo!! I love having the house stocked with food and drinks! :) Then Friday I believe we're taking the kids to Kidsville at the mall then I've got an eye appointment, ugh. I really wish I weren't blind. Contacts are SO annoying and SO expensive! Oh and good news! Well, potentially good, my friend who has a 5 month old son is most likely getting a job around here and has asked me to watch him for her while she works!! I would love to be able to make a little extra cash and help a friend out at the same time. Oh and get to stay home! Blessing all the way around! Anyway, have a great week/end everybody! :)

Lots of loveeee
CSG


 Finally in the pool in California!!
 Snuggling up against a FOOTBALL? This can't be my child.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are finally enjoying the summer! I am glad that we are starting to enjoy fall here in AL! It's crazy how different it is! I wish we lived closer cause you always sound like you have so much fun stuff going on! Well except the dr apts! :-) Kiss those sweeties for me! Miss you sister!