Monday, April 26, 2010

Overnite Beach Trip

Hidey Hidey~!~!

Thursday was Kinsley's first serious potty training day, and I have good news, she's getting much much better! I think she has told me 2-3 times "Mama, I think I need to go tinkle" and she's gone and done it! (I've found she thinks the word "tinkle" is hilarious and it makes it fun for her to be able to say it..)  I told her on Friday NO MORE PULL UPS! Only big girl panties. I do ask her every couple minutes if she needs to go and I take her in there even if she says no, but I think it's only been two or three accidents but I don't care, She's ALMOST THERE! Woo hoo!!


Saturday Josh came up with the bright idea of getting a U-Haul and putting our things that's already packed up into storage. So, that's what we did! We fit a good bit in there! And that'll make things easier for us on Saturday, too. So that's what we did Saturday, packed,loaded, unloaded. Then Sunday he needed to leave earlier than usual because he had some tests to do. He stuck around as long as possible but then said he needed to really go. I told him I wish we could go with him.. And he said well go pack! So I did :) We followed behind him and he also had Dallas with him so we had to stop shortly after to let him out to use the bathroom, Kinsley then decided she wanted to ride with him, FINE by me because she was fighting her sleep so it was constant whining and I was ready to have 2 hours of quiet or at least listening to the radio. We fiiinally got to Oceanside and we got a room at the Comfort Inn. It was such a nice room! So big!! He went & took his tests then we went to San Onofre (the place on base where he works and where we're requesting to live!) I want you to know it has a sign right before the housing that says "San Onofre Beach 1/2 Mile"!! 1/2 a mile? Are you kidding me?!?!?! I was a giggly little school girl when I read that and we drove down to it. I could just imagine me strolling the girls down to the beach everyday! I was so amazed. It was really chilly cause it was like 7pm before we got there! But we stayed and let Kinsley play for a little bit then we had to go back to the room & get to bed cause Josh has early mornings..

I don't know why I'm being such a baby about Josh being away from us but he really misses us too! I guess we are just use to being together. I just feel like I'm missing a huge part of me when he's not here! And I don't have as much fun everyday with him being gone. I find myself saying "I'm bored" and I NEVER say that!! But like I said , I am being a big fat baby. Cause there's so many ladies out there without their men for months So I have no room to complain!! Anywho we got up this morning and I took the girls to another beach on base called Del Mar.. Once again VERY chilly but I let Kinsley play for a long time because I didn't want her little smile to go away. But then she ran up to me and said... "Mama.. I peed on the beach... Ober dare (over there)" Haha! That was our ticket out of there.. We drove all over the base just sight seeing because It was my first time being at Camp Pendleton's base!! I have to say I am sooooo excited to live there! It's just so different from 29! There's green EVERYWHERE, not sand, haha! Flowers! It was just beautiful to me, maybe I'm just easily amazed. After a very long time of wasting gas, we got to the San Onofre beach again and I was hoping to hear from Josh so we could go eat lunch with him but by the time he got signal he had 5 minutes to get back to class :( So, I decided we'd head home.

We're now home and I need to finish packing everything. It's not much, thank goodness :) I am truly going to miss 29 Palms. Josh & I both like it here. It's not a lively town but we like that about it.. There's a ton of stuff we won't miss though thats for sure! Can I just say 115 degree weather in the Summer??  I won't miss you!!!!!!! ;) But he & I both have made great friends out here and we will miss everybody..

I have pictures (of course)
xo
Chynna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! All of those pictures were adorable! They kept getting better as I scrolled down! I can totally understand you missing Josh! I feel like that all the time and usually Robert is just over at the barn working. Haha! I think it's great that you are so close with one another. And you enjoy doing things together. You two have a beautiful family and are doing a great job. Good luck with Kinsley! Mollie's been acting like she is interested in it. She even pooped in the potty yesterday... very exciting here at the Syfrett's! But that is all she did... that's okay. I just think it's exciting that she is thinking about it! It does help that her big sissy does it, makes her wanna do it! Kiss those sweet sweet faces! Love ya!