Monday, June 14, 2010

My first "big" Earthquake!

Well it's 15 til 11pm and I'm still awake. Thanks to Excedrin that I took about 3 today. It always keeps me up for hours, hopefully it'll die down soon. Anyway! Around 930pm tonight while Jacob, Elizabeth & myself were watching Avatar (good flick by the way..) I heard rattling coming from the roof and I didn't know what was causing it but it instantly scared me and my heart started racing wondering if someone was trying to get into their apartment (intensely breaking in) and I hear metal scratching and then I turn to look at Elizabeth and she says Jacob!?! And he says "it's an earthquake". We had Avatar up pretty loud (plus the surround sound) so Liz thought that we just had the TV up too loud. We all stood up and I got into a surfer like position (we laugh about it now) asking "what do we do!?!?! I've gotta go check on my girls!!!" The TV was rocking so of course Jacob had to go hold it cause that's what's most important in life, obviously :) And me & Elizabeth ran upstairs, just completely confused of what we're supposed to do during a quake. I checked on the girls and Kinsley was staring at me when I opened the door, I'm pretty positive her TV shook and all the shaking woke her up! Bless my babies hearts! I'm so glad nothing was hanging on the walls to possibly fall on them. Turns out it was a 5.7 magnitude earthquake. OH did I mention Josh had left around 5 today to go back to 29 Palms?? Yeah! So he wasn't even next to me when this happened. So I'm kinda scared going to bed alone :(

Let me update on our latest.

Turns out Josh can't check out of his unit in 29 Palms until Thursday (go figure) but good news, he gets 30 days off of work aka "leave". So starting Thursday he's off for a month! Woo hoo!! Oh but not fun news, it turns out that since Josh is checking out of his old unit, in order for the USMC to pay for our move to Camp Pendleton (and since we don't have a house yet) we have to MOVE OUT OF OUR CURRENT STG BUILDING and drive it all down to a storage in CP!!!!!!! I am NOT even kidding!! How COMPLETELY unnecessary is that?!? But yes, we have to waste our time and money moving this Friday to a stg building in Oceanside so that the Marines will pay for it. Ugh. Lovely... But anywho; We decided we'd go home (why not? we don't have a house, and won't get one during his time off, unfortunately!!) so we bought one way tickets to Alabama for this coming Sunday, Father's day :) Our plan right now is to look for an extended cab truck while we're home and drive *yes, I just said drive* it back here to San Diego. What an adventure that would be......... haha! We shall see! I'm looking forward to swimming in Granny & Papa's pool, hanging out with my friends, eating real southern (fatty) meals.. and just being around the people we love most in this world! I think I really am overdue for a little break from mommyhood, so I'm really glad we get to come home and I'll have lots of helping hands nearby!!

I shall update when there's updating due!!
xoxo
Chynna

and I'm sorry, but I've not been taking anyyyy pictures here lately!! Slacker. OH p.s Abrielle is 7 months old ALLLLLLLLLREADYYYY!!! :( :( :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How scary was your blog to read! I know you and Elizabeth must have been a complete mess. But I am so glad yall are okay and that the TV made it through the quake (Josh's brothers that is) LOL!
I am so happy you're going to get to come home and have a mommy break. I need one, bad! Robert said, "didn't you get one while you were at the beach?" Guess he doesn't understand what mommies go through to just get there kids to the beach and then not getting to relax because of dirty diapers, little girls thinking they can swim & then drinking half the salty ocean water, or going to a resturant and getting VERY ugly eyes from people who apparently have never had kids or been around them. So I hope yall have fun! And get to have a sort-of relaxing time! Love ya! And I will try to update soon. Lots of pictures!!!!!!