Friday, June 18, 2010

A blog before we go!

Well since we are flying out on Sunday to Alabama, I figured I'd update one last time!
Wednesday (aka Daddy/Papa's birthday!!) was a crazy busy day for myself. I decided that morning to take matters into my own hands about the house. I just wanted to see if they told ME that the housing we wanted was a 3 month wait. No, they actually told me its a minimum of 6 month waiting. But that there's other housing available today if we wanted it. I called Josh and told him it was a 6 month wait and he told me just to get whatever the nicest housing was on that side of base. Why was that so easy? He's been fighting me with the whole housing thing ever since Apri1! Well, I guess I have housing to thank for that one. ANYWHO- I called back to get more info but what a suprise, NO body was answering the phones! I decided just to go up to base because I knew I'd get faster answers if I were there in person. The Lincoln housing lady was soo nice and told me I could go to the other office down the street (of course.. let me just load up my kids another time) to get a courtesy key and look at the houses available. The woman at that office told me pretty much opposite of what the Lincoln lady told me, saying they had zero houses available in Pacific View (when Lincoln told me they had 58 houses) anyway! She gave me two keys. I won't even waste my time talking about the one house because I fell in absolute LOOVEE with the other!!!! First off, it was huge. And already had that homey feel to it even though it was empty. There was a half bath downstairs and upstairs both bathrooms had double sinks (what?! this is military housing???) master bedroom had a huge walk in closet! There was a utility room (decent size) along with a very roomy two car garage. Oh it was just beautiful! I wanted to stay and move in right then & there... It killllllls me because we could have had it THAT DAY! But since we're going home and Josh isn't checked into his new unit, we have to wait to get a house in that neighborhood when we get back. But at least we are on the list. And she told me the next opening is in July. So, pleeeease, cross your fingers :)

We went by the beach (long day, they needed to get out before we headed out another hour!) after the very chaotic day of getting in and out of carseats and talking to multiple people.. So I'll share those pics in a minute

Last night Elizabeth's Mom & Granny got into San Diego, so this morning they're all gathered downstairs, along with my nosy 3 year old :)

I didn't even add the drama from yesterday with the storage building and moving truck, But I'm tired of typing.. Nevertheless, Josh is getting a truck at noon today & loading it up & heading down to Oceanside. I have a feeling he won't feel like unloading it all tonight. Because that's going to be a super long drive, with traffic, and a heavy truck. So, there goes our Saturday, and then we fly out Sunday. Please pray for us, moving boxes and heavy lifting is not my thing so he gets a tad frustrated with me! :)

Well,
That's my story~!!
XOXO
Chynna

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so happy you guys are going to be able to go home and relax for a while! You all deserve a little break! I hope the moving goes smoothly this weekend and that you have a safe flight out on Sunday! I'll continue to pray that a house come available at exactly the right time!!
Can't wait to be neighbors!!! I see many beach trips in our near future!!
Kiss both girls for me!

Anonymous said...

Chynna,
I hope sooooo badly that everything works out for yall! And I know that there a lot of people excited that yall are coming home. I hope and pray that everything works out for yall! Love ya!
P.S. I am trying to update my blog! It's taking some time! LOL!