Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Officially a SOI Instructor!

Prouddddd to announce that my sweet husband is done with his school and is officially a SOI Instructor for the USMC! :) The girls and I drove to San Onofre to watch him graduate yesterday. It was really neat getting to be in the classroom he had spent sooo many hours in these past 63 days. And to see all the guys he had gone through it with! Witnessing something like that makes you even more proud of the job he's doing and makes you especially appreciate him.. He leaves this evening for 29 Palms, he's got a few things to do there for the next week before we can get on the list to get a house (or so they say.. even though some guys already have a house lined up.. but whatever) So the girls and I will be here at Jacob & Elizabeth's without him for quite a while! Times like these makes me really wish Alabama were closer to us so we could just go visit family while he's gone to pass the time. It's going to be a very long 4 years, I'm afraid. The situation with housing (so far) is like this.. The woman he spoke to at housing told him since he's a SGT and we have two kids we have to live in San Onofre 3 (there's 1,2, and 3) which is the closest to his work, which is where we prefer living. Except she said there's a good 3 month wait to get a house. Now, we could settle for other housing on base but that'd mean Josh would have to drive at leastttt 25min to get to work every morning (and being an instructor he will have very very early mornings and late nights) PLUS Josh is selling his Jeep soon so that puts us back to one vehicle. So he'd be gone with the car all day long, leaving us at home. Not in walking distance to the beach (like we would be if we were at San Onfore). We're just going to wait this week out and see what happens. 3 months is a really long time when you don't have a house.. But I have a few options to do while we wait, so we shall see!!

xoxo
cg

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

WAY TO GO SGT GREEN!!!! Thats great!!

On the housing note, boo! but at least you have some family and good friends around you! I guess it could always be much worse! I mean 4 more years in 29! AHH!!! lol...

Wishing you guys the best of luck and I hope that you guys get your house asap in the area you want it chynna! You and your little family deserve it!!

Alyssa said...

Proud of Josh, as I know you are too! Hopefully the next 4years won't be long and hard on yall! Good luck to you both. I can't believe they said it could take up to 3mnths before you get a house. Yikes! Hopefully yall will get good news soon! Even though, I think you should just come to Bama... ;)Loved the pics

Anonymous said...

Such exciting news for yall! I know you've gotta be so happy! We will keep you in our prayers and hopefully you will get some good news on housing! Wish yall were closer, we miss yall! Love all the pictures as always!