Thanks to my handy dandy wireless router I hooked up we now have wireless internet at the Cate residence! WHAT.A.WEEKEND!!!!!! It was pretty rough. Friday night Josh didn't get in until nearly 9 so we ate dinner then went straight to bed. Early Saturday morning we began our everlasting journey to move our things into storage. It was just sooo exhausting! We talked about how we regretted this decision of moving into storage, we said we should've just waited until he graduated and we got a house to move. He even asked did I want to just quit and stay there and move out in June but all of our things were in boxes and half of it was already in storage from the previous weekend so I shouted nicely, NO! When we finished that crazy moving he inflated the air mattress (for us) but little Kinsley wanted to "sleep with daddy" so I let her, and took one for the team by sleeping on the HARD FLOOR! Sunday morning came tooooo early but we had alot left to do. It takes us forever to get things done these days because we've got two kiddos who want our undivided attention basically 24/7. It was a LONG, LONGGGGGG Sunday!!!! The girls were so tired by 4pm that Josh offered to stay there and finish a lottt of cleaning (may I add that he's really the greatest husband??) and let us go to a hotel. He ended up coming back to the hotel and just staying the night and got up at 2am to drive to work, not to mention drop off Dallas (my goodness, he's been nothing but work for us, I hope he's worth it in the long run...). So anyway, Monday morning was our Final Inspection!! We passed besides the fact that our carpet downstairs had this huge brown stain on it (that's our fault tho, we didn't bother getting a carpet shampoo-er) plus a permanent marker (from our lovely artsy daughter Kinsley) so he had to charge us $100 to replace it. But whatever. We made it out of there alive.
And thennnnnnnnnnn!!
We were on our way to **Oceanside**!! The girls were my little Sleeping Beauties on the way, so I got to enjoy a peaceful 2 and a half hours of the beautiful drive and listen to my own thoughts and good music. I quickly forgot about the chaotic weekend I had! Thaaaaank goodness! We arrived at our new (amazing) base CAMP PENDLETON around lunch so we took our things to Megan's house then we went to THE BEACH!! Let KV play in the sand for a while but then I wanted to take the girls out onto the jetty (definition:A structure, such as a pier, that projects into a body of water to influence the current or tide or to protect a harbor or shoreline from storms or erosion.) so we walked a good ways and made it!!
once we got out there we had the pleasure of watching DOLPHINS swim!! don't ask me why I was so excited to watch them but I really felt like a little kid cause I was jumping with excitement! I guess I was amazed because the only time I've been that close to dolphins was at Sea World but seeing them in their natural habitat was just fun ESPECIALLY witnessing it with my sweet, sweet babies!! & watching Kinsley's eyes light up!
Here are the pictures, Didn't get great shots but I was really distracted.
OH & please don't burst my bubble and tell me that those were actually sharks.
Below are the most recent pictures I have! Kinsley and Elijah are getting along wonderfully!! It's soooo nice, because if they weren't, things would be pretty miserable for Megan & I! haha! But they seem to really enjoy each others company :)
1 comment:
I am so glad you're still there! I was really missing reading your updates! Sounds like a "fun" weekend! I am so jealous of your beach! Our beach may be filled with oil by the time we finally get to go see it! Yuck! Enjoy the beautiful blue and undangered ocean life! We probably will not see anything but black slim when we go next month! Oh well! HAHA! I hope yall have a good time and get a house of your own real soon. I know the moving around isn't fun! Kiss those sweeties for me!
Post a Comment