After a wonderful trip My dear dear friend has gone back home!! :( It was NOT long enough! We needed at LEAST another week. Time went by so fast when she was here. But I'm just glad she came and we got to spend a lot of time catching up and hanging out "just us" like we use to do. Friday we went to Camp Pendleton to check into our beach cottage.
I'm gonna take some time to write about the cottage details because a few girls asked me about them. So you other people won't have any interest in this next paragraph!!
First off, you cannot beat the price, $75 a night. You are RIGHT on the beach, in Southern California! Can't beat that. It's pretty plain inside though. There is one bedroom but the bed was big and comfortable, there was plenty of room for us to have the air mattress in there with us, too. Then the kitchen/living room/dining table was all one room. There was a leather futon type 'couch' so someone could sleep on that! The fridge was really short, it was funny. It had plates, cups, and bowls ready to use. Also silverware, pots and pans for cooking on the stove. There wasn't an oven but there's that "grill" thingy outside you could use! Also had a few garbage bags and a sponge with dish washing soap, Oh and no dishwasher. The bathroom is simple, too and there's no tub, just a shower. But it's a pretty big shower!! I would definitely bring more towels and washcloths, I think they gave us like 3 or 4. So they were prettttyyyyy dirty when we left :)
There's a picnic table right outside and a fire pit just for your cottage! All in all it's totally worth the money. Just wanted to give details about it. And all you have to do before you check out is sweep (brooms provided, obviously) and take out the trash (dumpsters are just outside).
I took pictures BUT PLEASE EXCUSE THE MESS~!! :)
Moving on... Saturday it was pretty windy but Alyssa still got to soak up a lot of sun. As a mother your kids come before your 'wants' so I didnt get the chance as much as she did! But I don't mind it, we live here, afterall; she's just on vacation. So I'm soo glad she got to enjoy it! We ate dinner at Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and got Baskin Robbins for dessert! :) Sunday I had to take Alyssa to LAX :'( I absolutely hated leaving her!!! I wish she could've stayed much, much longer...or umm forever :)
I've gotta go, KIDS~!!!~!
xo
me
Josh & Lys!
Alyssa saved Kinsley from a wave!! It came out of nowhere..
My lil chubster on the beach.
Josh got us a fire goin!
before eating at Joe's
twirling in her bikini
at Joe's crab Shack in Oceanside Harbor
3 comments:
im so going to that cottage sometime! thats a great deal :D How was the weather at night? is it chilly?
Looks like ya'll had a great time! So glad your friend could come and visit!
Aw, I hate that she is gone! Looks like yall had a really good time! I love the pictures! And Abby is growing up too fast! Goodness! Love your pictures as always... I g2g kids....... haha! And one of them stinks, the joy of motherhood! Love you sister
Post a Comment