Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 1! LAX.

{march 2,2010}

Well we had nothing but fun while Whitney & Mia were here! Things changed with their plane the day they got in tho, 'thanks' to Alabama snow.. She was originially coming into Orange County but it got changed and she came into Los Angeles [LAX], instead. The girls and I got there after a very long drive, I parked, not knowing where Whitney's terminal would be and we were early. I strap on Abrielle in her Snugli and grab Kinsley by the hand and swing my big diaper bag over the back of me. Off we go to find "Continental Airlines". Walk, and walk, and walk. This airport is just huuuuuuge. We walk thru the cross walk, get to the other side, "MAMA!! MY SHOE!!" I turn around, her pink little slipper has fallen off her foot! We run back in the cross walk to get that silly shoe back. Whitney calls me and says they've landed and I tell her how exhausted I am so we just find a seat until Whit can call me back with a number or letter she sees out front.. Kinsley starts to whine (we walked, A LOT!) and those little pink shoes were NOT walking material, she has this blister forming on the top of her foot. Great. Not only is she in pain and I'm sweating from carrying Abrielle on the front of me but she's not gonna wear that shoe anymore, I could either let her walk barefoot in the probably most walked on airport in America orrrr I could hold her on my hip. I chose hip. So, off we go again, Kinsley on my hip, Abrielle on the front of me, and heavy diaper bag on the back of me. I felt like Super Woman. And everyone got out of my way, thank goodness. I did afterall, have TWO kids strapped to me!! I asked a man who worked there where Continetal was and I told him where I parked. He looks at me, "Are you serious?? Oh man, it's on the other side of the airport, you're gonna have to drive to it." AWESOME..... So all this walking was for nothing! Ok, so I speed walk to our car, 50lbs heavier. No big deal. Kinsley in her carseat, Abrielle in hers. Both of them crying, not wanting to be back in the car. We speed over to stinkin CONTINENTAL and what do you know, I parked on the WRONG SIDE, where only "Thru Traffic" is allowed. Whatever tho, I stopped, this woman says "You better hurry or they'll get you a ticket!" Whitney comes running over, puts her bags in the car, I grab Mia, buckle her in, and we both jump in the car and drive off.

WHAT a special reunion. One we'll remember, that's for sure.

Afterward, I wanted to show them the Hollywood sign since we were in LA... Bad, bad idea. First we go through this town called like, Koreantown? We said it was China Town but then saw a sign about korean town. We go through that, and heavy traffic, for TOO LONG.. Finally we can see the Hollywood sign from afar but we have to go up these super narrow hilly roads. It was impossible to get up those steep hills in my Jeep because it's engine isn't what the other Jeeps engine is. Anyway, we turned back around, Whitney's feeling nauseous cause she's had such a long and stressful day, we stop at some rinky dink fast food joint for a break and to feed Abrielle. Me & Whitney were about to pop to use the restroom so we ask for the key to get in but offff course, some old drugged out white haired woman was in there, and she never came out! The entire time we were there. Finally we're on the LONG way home and after hours we arrived in good ole, Twentynine Palms! And we finally got to use the bathroom, too! Got the girls a bath and called it a night.


And that's the end of DAY ONE!
XO
CSG

No comments: