They arrived in good ol Oceanside, California at about 10 on Monday night! GREAT timing,I mean they left Saturday afternoon, stopped that night, drove all day Sunday, stopped, then woke up Monday morning and drove about 16+ hours! Way to go, Mama Bear!!! :) I was really impressed. Unfortunately when they got here it was raining and raining, so their first impression of sunny California was not sunny at all... We went to church on Wednesday night and even received several Christmas dessert goodies, like cookies, brownies and a very delicious home made pie, courtesy of our preachers wife, Karen :) Thursday the rain had cleared up so I took Preslee & Mama sight seeing around base and a little downtown Oceanside. We walked on the Jetty at the beach on base, then to the Pier, then walked around the Harbor & all of its cute shops and to the beach there,too. Friday was Christmas Eve so we did our last minute shopping (well, Mama and Preslee did. I was finished, but I had to drive them.) and let everyone open their Christmas stockings that evening. Lots of fun! I cooked spaghetti for dinner then we all rested so Santa could come! Christmas morning was FULL of presents and squealing in excitement! When we walked downstairs Kinsley ran in the living room and saw the tree and presents but turns around and asks me, "But.... Where's Santa!?!?" before I could answer her, she turned and looked at the cookies we left him and squealed "Mommy Look!! He's been here, but he didn't eat all da cookies!!" (he left one half bitten) Then she ran to her new Doll house, and the rest is history... Made a yummy breakfast and played all day long. No nap for Kinsley that day! Abrielle hardly slept too, she was too excited for all the new toys. Uncle Jacob came over that night with gifts for all!! He got Josh a tool box, me some candles, Kinsley a tea set, and Abby a puppy that sings & teaches her body parts! It was really sweet of uncle J! Yesterday we went to church & that's about it. It's CLEAR SKIES today and a high of 64 so we're probably going to go to the beach in a few.
Ta ta for now!!
Chynna
REINDEER FOOD!!!!
Her VReader! It reads books to her, is touch screen and has games too! SO COOL!
MERRY CHRISTMAS says abri!!
No comments:
Post a Comment